The two friends found each other, across a thousand universes-- and fell asleep.
两个朋友,穿越了浩瀚的宇宙,彼此相见了——而后他们就睡着了。
Next day...
第二天……
ELLIOTT: Do you talk? You know, talk? Me human. Boy. Elliott, El-li-ott, Elliott.
艾略特:你会说话吗?你知道说话吗?我,人类。男孩儿,艾略特,艾——略——特,艾略特。
These are toys, these are little men.
这些是玩具,是些小人儿,
This is Greedo, and then this is Hammerhead. See, this is Walrus Man. And then this is snaggletooth. And this is Lando Calrissian. See? And this is Babo Fett.
这是格瑞多,还有这是铁锤脑袋。看这个是海象人。还有,这是獠牙怪。这是蓝多•卡尔瑞希安。瞧见没?这是胖胖头。
And look, they can even have wars. Look at this. Argghhh...
瞧,他们还可以打仗呢。瞧这个。啊——
But how do you share the greatest secret in the world?
但是你会如何与别人分享这世界上最大的秘密呢?。
ELLIOTT: Now, swear it, the most excellent promise you can make. Swear, as my only brother on our lives...
艾略特:现在发誓,要发最重的誓。作为我唯一的哥哥,用我们的生命起誓……
MICHAEL: Okay, don't get so heavy. I swear.
迈克尔:好了,别那么正经八百的。我发誓就是了。
ELLIOTT: ...and, um, close your eyes.
艾略特:……还有,嗯,闭上你的眼睛。
MICHAEL: OK, they're closed.
迈克尔:好,闭上了
ELLIOTT: OK, uh, swear it, one more time. I have absolute -
艾略特:好,再发一次誓。我有绝对的——
MICHAEL: You have absolute power...Yes.
迈克尔:你有绝对的权利……没错。
What he saw blew his mind. But Elliott was hoping that his little sister would handle the situation better.
迈克尔睁眼一看——他简直是不知所措。而艾略特本以为他的小妹妹不会像他那样大惊失色,还想她能帮他们缓解缓解气氛呢。
GERTIE: Elliott...look what I made for you...
歌蒂:艾略特……看我给你做的……
And what do you do with something as wild as this weird squashy little guy with a head shaped like an eggplant?
如果瞧见这个怪模怪样、浑身皱巴巴、脑袋形状像个茄子的小东西的人是你,你会对如此疯狂的事物作何反应呢?
ELLIOTT: I'm keeping him.
艾略特:我要留下他。
GERTIE: What is it?
歌蒂:他是什么?
ELLIOTT: He won't hurt you, Gertie. He won't hurt you.
艾略特:他不会伤害你的,歌蒂。他不会伤害你。
But some other people are looking for E.T., also. Tall shadows with flashlights, keys and heavy shoes, and they went to keep him, too.
但是还有其他人也在寻找E.T. 带着手电筒的、挂着钥匙的、穿着大笨鞋的长影子们,他们也想要E.T.
Meanwhile, Elliott, Michael and Gertie brought their new friend a potted flower as a gift.
这会儿,艾略特、迈克尔和歌蒂拿来一盆花,作为礼物送给了他们的新朋友。
ELLIOTT: We are here. Where are you from?
艾略特:我们在这。你打哪来?
GERTIE:I don't like his feet.
歌蒂:我不喜欢他的脚。
ELLIOTT: They're only feet, you little twerp. He's trying to tell us something.
艾略特:脚就是脚,你个小矮子。他想跟咱们说什么。