Emily comes home from school
Emily 从学校回到家
Grabs onto her daddy's hand
拉住他爸爸的手
He says, "Baby girl, what's wrong with you?"
他说。‘宝贝女儿,你怎么了?’
She says, "Please don't make me go back there again."
她说,‘我不想再去学校了’
She said, "I wish there was someway to make them stop it."
她说,‘我希望有个办法可以让他们停止’
So he drives down to that principles office
他开车到了学校的办事处
And says, "I didn't bring her up so they could cut her down
他说,‘我不是为了让她受到伤害才把她送来学校的
I didn't bring her here so they could shut her out
我不是为了让她无法开口才让她来上学的
I'd live my whole damn life to see that little girl smile
我努力地生活就是为了看见那孩子脸上的微笑
So why are tears pouring down that sweet face?
所以为什么眼泪会从她的脸上流下来
She wasn't brought up that way."
她没有被这样对待过’
Emily's home late again
Emily 又一次晚归
He sees that boy drive away
他看到那个男孩离开了
Oh but something's different this time
但是这一次有点不同
She doesn't have too much to say
她并没有多说什么
She said, "He tried but there's just some things I won't do"
她说。‘他努力过了,但是有些事情我就是不能做’