150 calmness can lay great errors to rest.
柔和能免大过。--《旧·传》10:4
151 whoever digs a pit may fall into it.
挖陷坑的,自己必掉在其中。--《旧·传》10:8
152 whoever quarries stones may be injured by them; whoever splits logs may be endangered by them.
凿开石头的,必受损伤。擘开木头的,必遭危险。--《旧·传》10:9
153 if the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed.
铁器钝了,若不将刃磨快,就必多费气力。--《旧·传》10:10
154 more strength is needed but skill will bring success.
得智慧指教,便有益处。--《旧·传》10:10
155 words from a wise man's mouth are gracious, but a fool is consumed by his own lips.
智慧人的口,说出恩言。愚昧人的嘴,吞灭自己。--《旧·传》10:12
156 wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything.
酒能使人快活,钱能叫万事应心。--《旧·传》10:19
157 if clouds are full of water, they pour rain upon the earth.
云若满了雨,就必倾倒在地上。--《旧·传》11:3
158 whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.
看风的必不撒种。望云的必不收割。--《旧·传》11:4
159 before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well.
瓶子在泉旁损坏,水轮在井口破烂。--《旧·传》12:6
160 the ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
斧子已经放在树根上,凡不结好果子的树,就砍下来,丢在火里。--《新·太》3:10
161 neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
人点灯,不放在斗底下,是放在灯台上,就照亮一家的人。--《新·太》5:15
162 anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.
凡杀人的,难免受审判。--《新·太》5:21
163 eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.
以眼还眼,以牙还牙。--《新·太》5:38
164 if someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
有人打你的右脸,连左脸也转过来由他打。--《新·太》5:39
165 if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.
有人想要告你,要拿你的里衣,连外衣也由他拿去。--《新·太》5:40
166 if someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.
有人强逼你走一里路,你就同他走二里。--《新·太》5:41
167 give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
有求你的,就给他。有向你借贷的,不可推辞。--《新·太》5:42
168 love your neighbor and hate your enemy.
当爱你的邻舍,恨你的仇敌。--《新·太》5:43
169 sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
日头照好人,也照歹人,降雨给义人,也给不义的人。--《新·太》5:45
170 not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men.
不可将善事行在人的面前。--《新·太》6:
171 when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets.
你施舍的时候,不可在你前面吹号,--《新·太》6:2
172 when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
你施舍的时候,不要叫左手知道右手所作的。--《新·太》6:3
173 when you pray, go into your room.
要叫你施舍的事行在暗中--《新·太》6:4
174 forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
免我们的债,如同我们免了人的债。--《新·太》6:12
175 the eye is the lamp of the body. if your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.
眼睛就是身上的灯。你的眼睛若了亮,全身就光明。--《新·太》6:22
176 if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness.
你的眼睛若昏花,全身就黑暗。--《新·太》6:23
177 each day has enough trouble of its own.
一天的难处一天当--《新·太》6:34
178 do not judge, or you too will be judged.
你们不要论断人,免得你们被论断。--《新·太》7:1
179 for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged.
因为你们怎样论断人,也必怎样被论断。--《新·太》7:2
180 why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
为甚麽看见你弟兄眼中有刺,却不想自己眼中有梁木呢。--《新·太》7:3
181 how can you say to your brother, 'let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
你自己眼中有梁木,怎能对你弟兄说,容我去掉你眼中的刺呢。--《新·太》7:4
182 first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
先去掉自己眼中的梁木,然后才能看得清楚,去掉你弟兄眼中的刺。--《新·太》7:5
183 do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs.
不要把圣物给狗,也不要把你们的珍珠丢在猪前。--《新·太》7:6
184 for everyone who asks receives.
凡祈求的就得着。--《新·太》7:8
185 if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?
谁有儿子求饼,反给他石头呢?求鱼,反给他蛇呢?--《新·太》7:9、10
186 for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
引到灭亡,那门是宽的,路是大的,进去的人也多。--《新·太》7:13
187 small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
引到永生,那门是窄的,路是小的,找著的人也少。--《新·太》7:14
188 they come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
外面披著羊皮,里面却是残暴的狼。--《新·太》7:15
189 by their fruit you will recognize them.
凭著他们的果子,就可以认出他们来。--《新·太》7:16
190 do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
荆棘上岂能摘葡萄呢。蒺藜里岂能摘无花果呢。--《新·太》7:16