这首诗的作者是是是法兰西斯 (St. Francis of Assisi,1182~1226)。
译者:倪柝声
Let me love and not be respected;让我爱而不受感戴
Let me serve and not be rewarded;让我事而不受赏赐
Let me labor and not be remembered;让我尽力而不被人记
Let me suffer and not be regarded.让我受苦而不被人睹
'Tis the pouring, not the drinking;只知倾酒,不知饮酒
'Tis the breaking, not the keeping--只想擘饼,不想留饼
A life suffering to seek others' blessing.倒出生命来使人得幸福
A life loving and true comfort giving.舍弃安宁而使人得舒服
Not expecting pity and concern,不受体恤,不受眷顾
Not accepting solace and applause;不受推崇,不受安抚
Even lonely, even forgotten.宁可凄凉,宁可孤苦
Even wordless, even forsaken.宁可无告,宁可被负
Tears and blood my price
For the righteous crown shall be;愿意以血泪作为冠冕的代价
Losing all, my cost for a
Faithful pilgrim's life. 愿意受亏损来度旅客的生涯
'Twas the life, O Lord,
That You chose to live因为当你活在这里时
In those days when on earth You walked.你也是如此过日子
Gladly suffering all injuries and loss欣然忍受一切的损失
So that all might draw near and repose.好使近你的人得安适
I cannot see how much farther I shall go;我今不知前途究有多远
Still I press on, knowing there is no return.这条道路一去就不再还原
Let me follow Your pattern, so perfect and true,所以让我学习你那样的完全
Bearing ingratitudes without complaint.时常被人辜负心不生怨
In this time of trial, oh my Lord, I pray求你在这惨淡时期之内
That You'd wipe all my hidden tears away;擦干我一切暗中的眼泪
Let me learn, O Lord, You are my reward,学习知道你是我的安慰
Let me be others' blessing all my days.并求别人喜悦以度此岁