英国古典文学吧 关注:482贴子:45,979

回复:格洛里亚斯科特”号三桅帆船 回忆录系列 英 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

取消只看楼主收藏回复

“华生,你可以想见,我听到这意外的消息,是多么惊骇。
"Watson, you can imagine how astonished I was when I heard the unexpected news.


IP属地:天津62楼2022-06-04 23:13
回复
    “‘是什么引起的呢?’我问道。
    "'What caused it?' I asked.


    IP属地:天津63楼2022-06-04 23:34
    回复
      “‘啊,这就是要害之处。
      "'Ah, this is the key.
      请你上车,我们路上详细谈一谈。
      Please get in the car and we'll talk about it in detail on the way.
      你还记得你走的前一天晚上来的那个家伙吗?’
      Do you remember the guy who came the night before you left?'


      IP属地:天津64楼2022-06-05 09:32
      回复
        “‘当然记得了。’
        "'Of course I remember.'


        IP属地:天津65楼2022-06-05 10:17
        回复
          “‘你知道那天我们请进屋里的是什么人吗?’
          "'Do you know who we invited into the house that day?'


          IP属地:天津66楼2022-06-05 10:45
          回复
            “‘不知道。’
            "I don't know."


            IP属地:天津67楼2022-06-05 11:00
            回复
              “‘福尔摩斯,那是一个mo gui,’他大声喊道。
              "'Holmes, that's a devil,' he shouted.


              IP属地:天津68楼2022-06-05 11:33
              回复
                “我吃惊地呆望着他。
                "I stared at him in surprise.


                IP属地:天津69楼2022-06-05 12:27
                回复
                  “‘正是,他确实是一个魔鬼,自从他来了以后,我们没有一时一刻安宁过,一点也没有。
                  "'Exactly, he is indeed a devil, since he came, we haven't had a moment of peace, not at all.
                  从那天夜晚起爸爸就没有抬头之时,现在他的生命危在旦夕,他的心也碎了。
                  Dad hasn't looked up since that night, now his life is at stake and his heart is broken.
                  这都是因为那个该死的赫德森。’
                  It's all because of that damn Hudson.'


                  IP属地:天津70楼2022-06-05 13:31
                  回复
                    “‘那么,他有什么势力呢?’
                    "'So, what power does he have?'


                    IP属地:天津71楼2022-06-05 13:55
                    回复
                      “‘啊,这正是我要设法知道的。
                      "'Ah, that's what I'm trying to know.
                      象爸爸这样慈祥、宽厚的善良长者,怎么会落到那样一种恶棍的魔爪中去呢!
                      How can a kind and generous elder like Dad fall into the clutches of such a villain!
                      不过,福尔摩斯,我很高兴你能前来。
                      But, Holmes, I'm glad you could come.
                      我非常相信你的判断和处事能力,我知道你能给我想出一个最好的办法。’
                      I have great confidence in your judgment and ability to do things, and I know you can come up with the best way for me. "


                      IP属地:天津72楼2022-06-05 14:29
                      回复
                        “我们的马车疾驰在乡间洁净而平坦的大路上,在我们的前方是布罗德的一展平阳,隐现在落日红霞之中。

                        "Our carriage galloped along a clean and flat road in the countryside, and in front of us was Broad's exhibition Pingyang, looming in the sunset.
                        在左手边的一片小树林后面,我已遥望到那位治安官屋上高高的烟囱和旗杆了。
                        Behind a grove on the left, I have seen the tall chimney and flagpole on the sheriff's house.


                        IP属地:天津本楼含有高级字体73楼2022-06-05 15:02
                        回复
                          “‘爸爸让这家伙作园丁,’他的同伴说道,‘后来,那人很不满意,便被提升为管家。
                          "'Dad asked this guy to be a gardener,' said his companion.' Later, the man was very dissatisfied and was promoted to housekeeper.
                          全家似乎完全在他控制之下,他整日游荡,为所欲为。
                          The whole family seems to be completely under his control.
                          女仆们向我父亲诉说他酗酒成性,语言卑 鄙。
                          He wanders all day and does whatever he wants
                          爸爸便多方提高她们的薪水,来补偿她们遇到的麻烦。
                          The maids told my father that he was addicted to alcohol and his language was mean.
                          这家伙经常划着小船,带上我爸爸最好的猎枪去游猎。
                          Dad raised their salaries in many ways to compensate for their troubles.


                          IP属地:天津74楼2022-06-05 16:02
                          回复
                            而在他这样干时,脸上总是带着讽刺挖苦、侧目斜视、目无一切的神情,假使他是一个和我同样年纪的人,我早已把他打翻在地上不止二十次了。
                            This guy often rowed a boat and took my father's best shotgun for safari, when he did this, his face always looked sarcastic, squint and supercilious, if he were a man of my age, I would have knocked him to the ground more than twenty times.
                            福尔摩斯,我告诉你,在这段时间里,我只有拚命克制自己,现在我自问,假如我不克制自己,可能情况反而会好些。
                            Holmes, I tell you, during this time, I have to try my best to restrain myself, wow I ask myself, if I don't restrain myself, the situation may be better.


                            IP属地:天津75楼2022-06-05 17:00
                            回复
                              “‘唉,我们的境况越来越坏。
                              "'Well, our situation is getting worse and worse.
                              赫德森这个畜牲越来越嚣张,有一天,他竟当着我的面,傲慢无礼地回答我父亲,我便抓住他肩膀把他推出门去。
                              Hudson became more and more arrogant, one day, he answered my father insolently in front of me, so I grabbed him by the shoulder and pushed him out the door.
                              他一声不响地溜走了,发青的面孔和两只恶狠狠的眼睛,露出一种恫吓的神情。
                              He slipped away silently, his blue face and two bold eyes showing an intimidating look.
                              在这以后,我不知道可怜的父亲同这个人又作过什么交涉,但第二天父亲来找我,要我向赫德森道歉。
                              After that, I don't know what my poor father did with this man, but the next day my father came to me and asked me to apologize to Hudson.
                              你可以想象到,我当然拒绝了,并且问父亲为什么要容许这样一个坏蛋对他和我们全家这样放肆无礼。
                              As you can imagine, of course I refused and asked my father why he allowed such a bad guy to be so rude to him and our family.


                              IP属地:天津76楼2022-06-05 17:45
                              回复