英国古典文学吧 关注:482贴子:45,967

回复:格洛里亚斯科特”号三桅帆船 回忆录系列 英 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

取消只看楼主收藏回复

“‘我父亲说道:“啊,我的孩子,你说得完全对,可是你不知道我的处境啊。
"My father said," oh, my child, you are absolutely right, but you don't know my situation.
不过你一定会知道,维克托。
But you must know, Victor.
不管发生什么事,我都要设法让你知道。
No matter what happens, I will try to let you know.
但你现在总不愿使你可怜的老爸爸伤心罢? 孩子。”
But you don't want to make your poor old father sad now, do you? Children. "


IP属地:天津92楼2022-06-11 13:38
回复
    “‘爸爸非常激动,整天把自己关在书房里,我从窗户望见他正在忙于书写。
    "'Dad was very excited and locked himself in his study all day, I saw from the window that he was busy writing.


    IP属地:天津93楼2022-06-11 14:51
    回复
      “‘那天晚上,发生了一件使我如释重负的事,因为赫德森对我们说,他打算离开我们。
      "'That night, something happened that made me feel relieved, because Hudson told us that he was going to leave us.
      我们吃过午饭后,正在餐室坐着,他走进来,喝得半醉,声音沙哑地说出了他的打算。
      After we had lunch, we were sitting in the dining room when he came in, half drunk, and said his plan in a hoarse voice.


      IP属地:天津94楼2022-06-11 15:21
      回复
        “‘他说道:“我在诺福克受够了,我要到汉普郡贝多斯先生那里去。
        "He said," I've had enough in Norfolk. I'm going to Mr. Beddoes in Hampshire.
        我敢说,他一定象你那样高兴见到我。”
        I dare say he is as happy to see me as you are. "


        IP属地:天津95楼2022-06-11 15:55
        回复
          “‘“赫德森,我希望你不是怀着恶感离开这儿的。”
          ""Hudson, I hope you didn't leave here with a bad feeling. "
          我父亲卑躬屈节地说,这使我浑身血液沸腾起来。
          My father said humbly, it makes my whole body blood boil.


          IP属地:天津96楼2022-06-11 17:09
          回复
            “‘“他还没有向我赔礼道歉呢,”他瞟了我一眼,绷着脸说道。
            "He hasn't apologized to me yet," he said sullenly, glancing at me.


            IP属地:天津97楼2022-06-11 17:19
            回复
              “‘爸爸转身对我说道:“维克托,你应该承认,你对这位可敬的朋友确实失了礼。”
              "'Dad turned to me and said," Victor, you should admit that you really lost your courtesy to this respectable friend. "


              IP属地:天津98楼2022-06-11 17:34
              回复
                “‘我回答道:“恰恰相反,我认为我们父子对他容忍得太过分了。”
                "'I replied," on the contrary, I think our father and son have tolerated him too much. "


                IP属地:天津99楼2022-06-11 18:23
                回复
                  “‘赫德森咆哮如雷地说道:“啊,你认为是这样么,是不是?
                  "'Hudson growled," oh, you think so, don't you?
                  那好极了,伙计。
                  That's great, man.
                  我们走着瞧吧!”
                  Let's wait and see! "


                  IP属地:天津100楼2022-06-11 18:48
                  回复
                    “‘他无精打采地走出屋去,半小时以后便离开我家,使爸爸处于可怜的担惊受怕的状态。
                    "'He slouched out of the house, and left my house half an hour later, leaving my father in a pitiful state of fear.
                    我听到爸爸一夜又一夜地在室内踱来踱去,而在他刚刚恢复信心时,灾祸终于从天而降。’
                    I heard my father pacing up and down the room night after night, and when he just regained his confidence, disaster finally fell from the sky.'
                    “‘究竟是怎么回事?’我急忙问道。
                    "'What the hell is going on?' I asked quickly.


                    IP属地:天津101楼2022-06-11 19:15
                    回复
                      “‘非常怪。昨晚爸爸收到一封信,信上盖着福丁哈姆的邮戳。
                      "'Very strange. Dad received a letter last night, which was postmarked by Fordingham.
                      爸爸看过之后,双手轻轻拍打着头部,好象失魂落魄的人一样,开始在室内绕圈子。
                      After seeing it, Dad patted his head gently with both hands, and began to circle around the room like a lost soul.
                      后来我把他扶到沙发上,他的嘴和眼皮都歪向一侧。
                      Later, I helped him to the sofa, and his mouth and eyelids tilted to one side.
                      我看他是中了风,立即请来福德哈姆医生,和我一起把爸爸扶到床上,可是他瘫痪越来越厉害,一点也没有恢复知觉的迹象,我想我们很难看到他活着了。’
                      Seeing that he had caught the wind, I immediately invited Dr. Fordham to help my father to the bed with me, but his paralysis was getting worse and worse, and he showed no signs of regaining consciousness, I think it's hard for us to see him alive. "


                      IP属地:天津102楼2022-06-11 19:44
                      回复
                        “‘小特雷佛,你简直是在吓唬我!’我大声说道,‘那么,那封信里究竟有什么东西能引起这样可怕的恶果呢?’
                        "'Little Trevor, you are simply scaring me!' I exclaimed,' so, what on earth could have caused such terrible consequences in that letter?'


                        IP属地:天津103楼2022-06-11 20:06
                        回复
                          “‘没有什么。
                          "'Nothing.
                          这就是莫名其妙的地方。
                          That's what makes no sense.
                          这封信荒诞而琐碎。
                          This letter is absurd and trivial.
                          啊,我的上帝,我所担心的事果然来了!’
                          Oh, my God, what I was worried about did come!'


                          IP属地:天津104楼2022-06-11 20:29
                          回复
                            “他说时,我们已走到林荫路转弯处,看到在微弱的灯光下,房子的窗帘都放下了。
                            "When he said that, we had reached the corner of the mall and saw that the curtains of the house had been lowered in the dim light.
                            我们走到门口,我朋友显出满面悲痛,一位黑衣绅士走了出来。
                            When we got to the door, my friend looked sad and a gentleman in black came out.


                            IP属地:天津105楼2022-06-11 21:28
                            回复
                              “‘医生,我爸爸什么时候故去的?’特雷佛问道。
                              "'Doctor, when did my father die?' Trevor asked.


                              IP属地:天津106楼2022-06-11 22:10
                              回复