I was a little girl alone in my little world 我是一个小女孩独自在这小小的世界
who dreamed of a little home for me. 梦想有一个小小的家
I played pretend between the trees, 我计划将它隐蔽在树丛中间
and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, 用书皮和叶子招待我的客人
and laughed in my pretty bed of green. 在我可爱的绿色床上玩乐
I had a dream 我有一个梦想
That I could fly from the highest swing. 我可以从最高的地方滑翔
I had a dream. 我有一个梦想
Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, 在深夜走很远的路穿过公园后茂密的森林
I asked God who I'm supposed to be. 我问上帝我将变成怎么样子
The stars smiled down on me, 星星微笑的照耀着我
God answered in silent reverie. 上帝用沉默的思考来回应我
I said a prayer and fell asleep. 我祈祷后沉沉的睡去
I had a dream 我有一个梦想
That I could fly from the highest tree. 我可以从最高的树上飞行
I had a dream. 我有一个梦想
Now I'm old and feeling grey. 现在我老了感觉有点糟
I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave. 我不知道对这个我即将离开的世界说些什么
I lived it full and I lived it well, 我的生活充实而美好
there's many tales I've lived to tell. 我要告诉你很多生活中的故事
I'm ready now, I'm ready now, 我准备好了,我准备好了
I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing. 我现在准备好从最高的地方滑翔
I had a dream. 我有一个梦想