英国古典文学吧 关注:482贴子:45,977

驼背人 回忆录系列 英 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

只看楼主收藏回复

在我结婚数月后的一个夏夜,我坐在壁炉旁吸最后的一斗烟,冲着一本小说不住打盹,因为白天的工作累得我筋疲力尽了。
On a summer night after I got married for several months, I sat by the fireplace and smoked my last pipe of cigarettes, I couldn't stop napping at a novel, because I was exhausted from my daytime work.
我的妻子已经上楼去了,刚才传来了前厅大门上锁的声音,我知道仆人们也去休息了。
My wife has gone upstairs. Just now there was the sound of the front door locked. I know the servants have gone to rest, too.
我从椅子上站起来,正磕着烟斗灰,突然听到一阵门铃声。
I stood up from my chair, smoking the ashes of my pipe, when I heard a doorbell ring.


IP属地:天津1楼2022-08-07 11:26回复
    我看了看表,差一刻十二点。
    I looked at my watch, it was a quarter to twelve.
    时间这样晚,是不可能有人来拜访的;显然是病人,可能还是一个需要整夜护理的病人呢。
    It's so late, it's impossible for someone to visit; It's obviously a patient, maybe a patient who needs all-night care.
    我满脸不高兴地走到前厅,打开大门。
    With an unhappy face, I went to the front room and opened the door.
    出乎我的意料之外,门外石阶上站的竟是歇洛克-福尔摩斯。
    To my surprise, it was Sherlock Holmes standing on the stone steps outside the door.


    IP属地:天津2楼2022-08-07 11:48
    回复
      “啊,华生,”福尔摩斯说道,“我希望我这时来找你还不算太晚。”
      "Ah, Watson," said Holmes, "I hope it's not too late for me to come to you."


      IP属地:天津3楼2022-08-07 12:00
      回复
        “我亲爱的朋友,请进来。”
        "My dear friend, please come in."


        IP属地:天津4楼2022-08-07 12:05
        回复
          “你似乎感到惊讶,这也难怪!
          "You seem surprised, it's no wonder!
          我想,你现在放心了吧!
          I think you are relieved now!


          IP属地:天津5楼2022-08-07 12:12
          回复
            唉! 你怎么还在吸你婚前吸的那种阿卡迪亚混合烟呢!
            Alas! Why are you still smoking the Acadian blend you smoked before marriage!
            从落在你衣服上蓬松的烟灰看,我这话没错。
            Judging from the fluffy ashes on your clothes, I am right.
            使人一望而知你一直习惯于穿军服。
            Let people know at a glance that you have always been used to wearing military uniforms.
            华生,如果你不改掉袖中藏手帕的习惯,那你总也不象一个纯粹的平民。
            Watson, if you don't get rid of the habit of hiding a handkerchief in your sleeve, you will never be a pure commoner.
            今晚你能留我过夜吗?”
            Can you stay me for the night tonight? "


            IP属地:天津6楼2022-08-07 14:41
            回复
              “欢迎之至。”
              "Welcome."


              IP属地:天津7楼2022-08-07 15:14
              回复
                “你对我说过,你有一间单身男客住室,我看现在没有住客人。
                "You said to me, you have a single male guest room, I don't think there are any guests now.
                你的帽架就说明了这一点。”
                Your hat rack illustrates this. "


                IP属地:天津8楼2022-08-07 15:26
                回复
                  “你若能住在这里,我很高兴。”
                  "If you can live here, I am very happy."


                  IP属地:天津9楼2022-08-07 15:53
                  回复
                    “谢谢。
                    "thank you.
                    那么,我就占用帽架上的一个空挂钩了。
                    Then, I'll take up an empty hook on the hat rack.
                    很遗憾,我发现你的屋子里曾经来过不列颠工人。
                    I'm sorry to find that there were British workers in your house.
                    他是一个不幸的象征。
                    He is a symbol of misfortune.
                    我希望,不是修水沟的吧?”
                    I hope, it's not a ditch repair, is it? "


                    IP属地:天津10楼2022-08-07 16:16
                    回复
                      “不,是修煤气的。”
                      "No, it's for gas repair."


                      IP属地:天津11楼2022-08-07 16:33
                      回复
                        “啊,他的长统靴在你铺地的漆布上留下了两个鞋钉印,灯光正照在上面。
                        "Ah, his boots left two spikes on the lacquered cloth on your floor, and the light was shining on it.
                        不,谢谢你,我在滑铁卢吃过晚饭了,不过我很高兴和你一起吸一斗烟。”
                        No, thank you, I had dinner in Waterloo, but I'm glad to have a cigarette with you. "


                        IP属地:天津12楼2022-08-07 16:47
                        回复
                          我把烟斗递给他,他坐在我对面默默不语地吸了一会儿烟。
                          I handed him my pipe, and he sat opposite me and smoked silently for a while.
                          我深知,如果没有重要的事情,他是不会在这样的时候来找我的,因此,我耐心地等待他开口。
                          I knew that he wouldn't come to me at such a time if there was nothing important, so I waited patiently for him to speak.


                          IP属地:天津13楼2022-08-07 17:09
                          回复
                            “我看你近来医务很忙呢,”他向我注意地望了一眼,说道。
                            "I see you've been very busy with medical services recently," he said, glancing at me intently.


                            IP属地:天津14楼2022-08-07 17:20
                            回复
                              “是的,我忙了一整天了,”我回答道。
                              "Yes, I've been busy all day," I replied.
                              “在你看来,我这样说似乎是非常愚蠢的,”我补充说道,“可是我真的不知道你是如何推断出来的。”
                              "In your opinion, it seems very foolish of me to say so," I added, "but I really don't know how you deduced it."


                              IP属地:天津15楼2022-08-07 17:33
                              回复