英国古典文学吧 关注:482贴子:45,979

回复:金边夹鼻眼镜 归来记 英 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

取消只看楼主收藏回复

“我走到这个青年的尸体旁边。
"I went to the young man's body.
尸体靠近柜子的左边,图上已经标明。
The body is near the left side of the cabinet, which has been marked on the drawing.
刀子是刺在脖子的右边,从后向前扎过去的,所以不可能是自杀。”
The knife was stabbed on the right side of the neck and stabbed from back to front, so it can't be suicide. "
福尔摩斯说:“除非他摔倒在刀子上。”
Holmes said, "Unless he falls on the knife."
“是的,这个想法我也有过,可是刀子是在离尸体几英尺外的地方,因此,这是不可能的。
"Yes, I have had this idea, but the knife is a few feet away from the body, so it is impossible.
当然,死者自己的话也可以做证。
Of course, the deceased's own words can also testify.
另外,还有一件最重要的证据,握在死者右手中。”
In addition, there is the most important piece of evidence, which is held in the right hand of the deceased. "


IP属地:天津46楼2022-12-31 19:32
回复
    斯坦莱·霍普金从他的口袋里取出一个小纸包。
    Stan Hopkin took a small paper bag out of his pocket.
    他打开纸包,取出一副金边夹鼻眼镜,眼镜一端垂着一条断成两截的黑丝带。
    He opened the paper bag and took out a pair of Phnom Penh pince-nez with a black ribbon broken in two at one end.
    他说:“威洛比·史密斯的视力很好。
    He said, "Willoughby Smith has good eyesight.
    这副眼镜一定是从凶手的脸上或是身上夺过来的。”
    This pair of glasses must have been taken from the murderer's face or body. "
    福尔摩斯接过眼镜,饶有兴味地赏玩起来。
    Holmes took the glasses and enjoyed them with great interest.
    他把眼镜架在自己的鼻梁上,试着看东西,又走近窗户向外面巡视,然后便凑到灯光下,仔细地观察这副眼镜。
    He put his glasses on the bridge of his nose, tried to see things, approached the window and looked out, then he gathered in the light and carefully observed the glasses.
    最后,他哈哈地笑起来,坐在桌旁拿起一张纸,写了几行字,然后扔给对面的斯坦莱·霍普金。
    Finally, he laughed, sat at the table, picked up a piece of paper, wrote a few lines, and then threw it to Stanley Hopkin on the opposite side.


    IP属地:天津47楼2022-12-31 20:12
    回复
      他说:“我只能这样帮助你,也许有些用处。”
      He said, "I can only help you in this way, it may be of some use."
      霍普金大声地读道: "寻找一位穿着体面、打扮得象贵族似的妇女。
      Hope King read aloud:" looking for a well-dressed woman who looks like an aristocrat.
      她的鼻子很宽,眼睛紧挨鼻子,前额上有皱纹,面容呆滞刻板,也许她还有点削肩。
      Her nose is wide, her eyes are close to her nose, her forehead is wrinkled, her face is dull and rigid, and maybe she has a little shoulder cutting.
      有些迹象表明,最近几个月里她至少两次去过同一家眼镜店。
      There are some indications that she has been to the same optical shop at least twice in recent months.
      她的眼镜度数很深。
      Her glasses are very powerful.
      这座城市眼镜店不多,找到她是不难的。”
      There are not many optical shops in this city, so it is not difficult to find her. "


      IP属地:天津48楼2022-12-31 21:19
      回复
        霍普金露出非常惊异的神色,此时我的面部表情一定也是同样的,而福尔摩斯只微笑了一下,又接着说:“得出以上的结论是很容易的。
        Hopkin looked very surprised, at this time, my facial expression must be the same, while Holmes only smiled and then said, " it is easy to draw the above conclusion.
        什么东西也不如眼镜能够这样有力地说明问题,何况这又是一副特别的眼镜呢。
        Nothing can explain the problem so powerfully as glasses, and this is a special pair of glasses.
        考虑到眼镜的精致以及死者的遗言,不难推论出眼镜是属于一位妇女的。
        Considering the exquisiteness of the glasses and the last words of the deceased, it is not difficult to deduce that the glasses belong to a woman.
        至于说她是一个文雅的穿着体面的人,那是因为我认为一个带金边眼镜的人在服饰方面是不会邋遢的。
        As for her being elegant and well-dressed, it's because I don't think a person with gold-rimmed glasses will be sloppy in dress.
        你注意到了吗,这副眼镜的夹子很宽,这说明这位女士的鼻子底部很宽。
        Have you noticed that the clips of these glasses are very wide, which means that the bottom of this lady's nose is very wide?
        这样的鼻子一般都是短而粗的,不过也有很多例外,所以这一点我不敢过于武断。
        Such noses are generally short and thick, but there are many exceptions, so I dare not be too arbitrary on this point.
        我的脸型是狭长的,可是我的眼睛还对不上镜片的中心,可见这位妇女的眼睛长得十分靠近鼻子。
        My face is long and narrow, but my eyes are not in the center of the lens, which shows that this woman's eyes are very close to her nose.
        华生,你看得出镜片是凹陷的,度数很深。
        Watson, you can see that the lens is concave and has a deep power.
        一个人平时总要眯着眼睛看东西,这必然会在生理上产生一定影响,使前额、眼睑以及肩膀具有某些特点。”
        A person always squints at things at ordinary times, which will inevitably have a certain physiological impact, making the forehead, eyelids and shoulders have certain characteristics. "


        IP属地:天津49楼2022-12-31 21:47
        回复
          我说:“是的,我能理解你的推论。
          I said, "Yes, I can understand your inference.
          但是,我必须承认,我不能理解你怎样得出她两次去眼镜店的说法。”
          However, I must admit that I can't understand how you came to the conclusion that she went to the optical shop twice. "
          福尔摩斯把眼镜摘下拿在手中。
          Holmes took off his glasses and took them in his hand.
          他说:“你们可以看见,眼镜的夹子衬着软木,以防压痛鼻子。
          He said, "as you can see, the clips of glasses are lined with cork to prevent the nose from being tender.
          这里,一块软木褪了色,而且有点磨损,可是另一块是新的。
          Here, one piece of cork is faded and a little worn, but the other piece is new.
          显然这边有一块软木掉过,并且换了新的。
          Obviously, a piece of cork has fallen off here and has been replaced with a new one.
          而这块旧的软木,我认为装上不过几个月。
          And this old cork, I don't think it will last for a few months.
          两块软木完全相同,所以我推测她去过同一家眼镜店两次。”
          The two pieces of cork are identical, so I guess she has been to the same optical shop twice. "


          IP属地:天津50楼2022-12-31 22:21
          回复
            霍普金羡慕地说:“天啊!
            Hopkin said enviously, "oh, my God!
            妙极了,所有的证据全在我的手中,可是我却无能为力,不过我倒是想过要去伦敦各家眼镜店的。”
            Wonderful, all the evidence is in my hands, but I can't do anything about it, but I did think about going to various optical shops in London. "
            “当然,你是应该去的。
            "Of course, you should go.
            你还有什么要告诉我的吗?”
            Do you have anything else to tell me? "
            “没有了,我知道的并不比你多,也许你知道的要更多些,凡是在那条大路上,或是火车站上出现的陌生人,我们全都盘查过。
            "No, I don't know more than you do, maybe you know more, we have checked all the strangers who appear on that road or at the railway station.
            我们没有得到什么情况。
            We didn't get any information.
            令人伤脑筋的是这件谋杀案的目的。
            What bothers you is the purpose of this murder.
            谁也说不清到底是为了什么。”
            No one can tell what it is for. "


            IP属地:天津51楼2022-12-31 23:08
            回复
              啊! 这我可没办法帮助你了。
              Ah! There is nothing I can do to help you.
              你是不是要我们明天去看看呢?”
              Do you want us to have a look tomorrow? "
              “福尔摩斯先生,如果你能去的话,那太好了。
              "Mr Holmes, if you can go, that would be great.
              早晨六点钟有火车从查林十字街开到凯瑟姆,八九点钟就可以到约克斯雷旧居。”
              At six o'clock in the morning, there is a train from Charing Cross Street to Kasem, at eight or nine o'clock, you can arrive at the old residence of Joecks Ray. "
              “那么我们就坐这趟火车。
              "Then we'll take this train.
              这个案件有些方面确实使人很感兴趣,我愿意调查一下。
              Some aspects of this case are really interesting, and I'd like to look into them.
              快一点了,我们最好睡几个小时。
              It's almost time, we'd better sleep for a few hours.
              你在壁炉前面的沙发上睡,一定很舒服。
              You must be comfortable sleeping on the sofa in front of the fireplace.
              明天动身以前,我点上酒精灯给你煮一杯咖啡。”
              Before leaving tomorrow, I'll light an alcohol lamp and make you a cup of coffee. "


              IP属地:天津52楼2022-12-31 23:35
              回复
                “啊! 这我可没办法帮助你了。
                "Ah! There is nothing I can do to help you.
                你是不是要我们明天去看看呢?”
                Do you want us to have a look tomorrow? "
                “福尔摩斯先生,如果你能去的话,那太好了。
                "Mr Holmes, if you can go, that would be great.
                早晨六点钟有火车从查林十字街开到凯瑟姆,八九点钟就可以到约克斯雷旧居。”
                At six o'clock in the morning, there is a train from Charing Cross Street to Kasem, at eight or nine o'clock, you can arrive at the old residence of Joecks Ray. "
                “那么我们就坐这趟火车。
                "Then we'll take this train.
                这个案件有些方面确实使人很感兴趣,我愿意调查一下。
                Some aspects of this case are really interesting, and I'd like to look into them.
                快一点了,我们最好睡几个小时。
                It's almost time, we'd better sleep for a few hours.
                你在壁炉前面的沙发上睡,一定很舒服。
                You must be comfortable sleeping on the sofa in front of the fireplace.
                明天动身以前,我点上酒精灯给你煮一杯咖啡。”
                Before leaving tomorrow, I'll light an alcohol lamp and make you a cup of coffee. "


                IP属地:天津53楼2023-01-01 09:37
                回复
                  第二天早晨,风已经停了。
                  The next morning, the wind had stopped.
                  我们动身上路时,天气依然很冷。
                  It was still cold when we set out on the road.
                  严冬的太阳无精打采地照在泰晤士河以及两岸的沼泽地上。
                  The harsh winter sun slouched down on the Thames and the marshes on both sides.
                  经过一段令人厌倦的路程,我们在离凯瑟姆几英里远的车站下了火车。
                  After a tiring journey, we got off the train at a station a few miles away from Kasem.
                  在等候马车时,急急忙忙吃了早饭,所以一到约克斯雷旧居,我们便立即开始工作。
                  While waiting for the carriage, we ate breakfast in a hurry, so as soon as we arrived at Lei's former residence in Joecks, we immediately started to work.
                  一位警察在花园的大门口等候我们。
                  A policeman is waiting for us at the gate of the garden.


                  IP属地:天津54楼2023-01-01 10:42
                  回复
                    “威尔逊,有什么消息吗?”
                    "Wilson, any news?"
                    “先生,没有。”
                    "No, sir."
                    “有没有人报告看见了生人?”
                    "Did anyone report seeing a stranger?"
                    “没有。
                    "No.
                    昨天火车站那儿既没有生人来,也没有生人从那儿走。”
                    Yesterday, no stranger came or left the railway station. "
                    “你问过旅店和其它一些可以住宿的地方了吗?”
                    "Have you asked about hotels and other places where you can stay?"
                    “问过了,先生。
                    "yes, sir.
                    找不到一个和谋杀有关的人。”
                    I can't find anyone related to murder. "
                    “从这儿走到凯瑟姆不算远。
                    "It's not far from here to Cathem.
                    有人待在凯瑟姆或是去上火车是不会不被注意的。
                    Someone who stays in Kasem or gets on the train will not go unnoticed.
                    福尔摩斯先生,这就是我说的那条小道。
                    Mr Holmes, this is the path I was talking about.
                    我保证昨天小道上没有足迹。”
                    I promise there were no footprints on the trail yesterday. "


                    IP属地:天津55楼2023-01-01 11:13
                    回复
                      “草地上的足迹是在小道的哪一边呢?”
                      "Which side of the trail is the footprint on the grass?"
                      “先生,这一边。
                      "Sir, this side.
                      在小道和花坛之间的很窄的边缘上。
                      On the narrow edge between the path and the flower bed.
                      现在看不见了,可是我昨天看得还很清楚。”
                      I can't see it now, but I saw it clearly yesterday. "
                      福尔摩斯弯腰看着草地,说:“是的,有人经过这儿。
                      Holmes bent down to look at the grass and said, " yes, someone passed by here.
                      这位妇女走路一定很小心,不然的话,她会在小道上留下痕迹的,如果在小道的另一边走,就会在湿软的地上留下更清楚的痕迹。”
                      This woman must walk carefully, otherwise, she will leave a mark on the trail. If she walks on the other side of the trail, she will leave a clearer mark on the wet and soft ground. "
                      “是的,先生,她一定是一个头脑很冷静的人。”
                      "Yes, sir, she must be a cool-headed person."
                      福尔摩斯聚精会神地思考着。
                      Holmes was absorbed in thinking.


                      IP属地:天津56楼2023-01-01 11:36
                      回复
                        “你说她一定是从这条路走出去的?”
                        "You said she must have gone out this way?"
                        “是的,先生,没有别的路。”
                        "Yes, sir, there is no other way."
                        “从这一段草地上吗?”
                        "From this section of grass?"
                        “肯定是这样,福尔摩斯先生。”
                        "It must be so, Mr. Holmes."


                        IP属地:天津57楼2023-01-01 12:34
                        回复
                          “哼,这件谋杀案干得很出色——很出色,小道已经到头儿了吗?
                          "Hum, this murder case has been done very well-very well, has the trail come to an end?
                          我们再往前走。
                          Let's go further.
                          我想花园的这扇小门通常是开着的吧,唔,那么这位客人一定是从这儿走进屋的。
                          I think this small door in the garden is usually open, well, then this guest must have entered the house from here.
                          那时她还没有想到杀人,不然的话她会带着武器,而不必去拿写字台上的刀子。
                          At that time, she hadn't thought of killing people, otherwise, she would have carried a weapon instead of taking the knife on the desk.
                          她走过过道,在椰子毛的垫子上没有留下痕迹,然后她走进了书房。
                          She walked down the aisle, leaving no trace on the coconut mat, and then she went into the study.
                          她在书房呆了多久?
                          How long did she stay in the study?
                          我们没法判断。”
                          We can't judge. "
                          “先生,不过几分钟。
                          "Sir, in a few minutes.
                          我忘记告诉你了,女管家马可太太在出事不久以前,还在书房里打扫,她说大约在出事一刻钟以前。”
                          I forgot to tell you that Mrs. Kyle, the housekeeper, was cleaning in the study not long before the accident, she said it was about 15 minutes before the accident. "


                          IP属地:天津58楼2023-01-01 13:01
                          回复
                            “这告诉我们一个时限。
                            "This tells us a time limit.
                            这位夫人进到屋内,做了些什么呢?
                            What did the lady do when she entered the room?
                            她走到写字台旁边。
                            She went to the writing desk.
                            为什么要走近写字台?
                            Why do you want to approach the writing desk?
                            不会是为了抽屉里的东西。
                            It won't be for what's in the drawer.
                            要是有值得她拿的东西,一定也已经锁起来了。
                            If there is anything worth her taking, it must have been locked up.
                            她是要拿小柜里的东西,咦!
                            She wants to take the things in the cupboard, gee!
                            小柜上象有什么东西划过,这痕迹是怎么回事?
                            There seems to be something on the cupboard, what's this mark?
                            华生,点根火柴。
                            Watson, light a match.
                            霍普金,你为什么没有告诉我这划痕呢?”
                            Hopkin, why didn't you tell me about this scratch? "
                            福尔摩斯检查了这道划痕,它是从钥匙孔右边的铜片上开始的,大约有四英寸长,小柜表面上的皮被划掉了。
                            Holmes checked this scratch, it started from the copper piece on the right side of the keyhole, and it was about four inches long, the skin on the surface of the cabinet was scratched off.


                            IP属地:天津59楼2023-01-01 13:46
                            回复
                              福尔摩斯先生,我看见了,不过钥匙孔周围总是有划痕的。”
                              Mr Holmes, I see it, but there are always scratches around the keyhole. "
                              “这个划痕是新的,很新。
                              "This scratch is new, very new.
                              你看,铜片上划过的地方有多亮啊!
                              Look, there's how bright on the copper sheet!
                              旧的划痕颜色和铜片表面颜色是一样的。
                              The old scratch color is the same as the surface color of the copper sheet.
                              你用我的放大镜看一下这里的油漆,这条痕迹两边的油漆象犁沟两旁翻起的土一样。
                              Take a look at the paint here with my magnifying glass, the paint on both sides of this trace is like the soil turned up on both sides of the furrow.
                              马可太太在吗?”
                              Is Mrs. Kyle there? "
                              一位年纪较大面带愁容的妇女走进屋里。
                              An older woman with a sad face came into the room.


                              IP属地:天津60楼2023-01-01 15:13
                              回复