英国古典文学吧 关注:482贴子:45,967

回复:金边夹鼻眼镜 归来记 英 阿瑟·柯南·道尔

取消只看楼主收藏回复

“你昨天上午擦过这个柜子吗?”
"Did you clean this cabinet yesterday morning?"
“是的,先生。”
"Yes, sir."
“你看到这条痕迹了吗?”
"Do you see this trace?"
“先生,我没有。”
"Sir, I didn't."
“肯定你没有,不然抹布会把油漆的粉屑擦掉的。
"I'm sure you didn't, or the rag will wipe off the paint powder.
谁拿着这个柜子的钥匙?”
Who has the key to this cabinet? "
“钥匙挂在教授的表链上。”
"The key hangs on the professor's watch chain."
“是一把普通的钥匙吗?”
"Is it an ordinary key?"
“是一把车布牌的钥匙。”
"It's the key to a car cloth card."


IP属地:天津61楼2023-01-01 15:41
回复
    “好,马可太太,你可以走了。
    "Well, Mrs Kyle, you can go.
    现在我们有一点进展了。
    Now we're making some progress.
    这位夫人走进屋子里,来到柜子前,不是已经打开了它,便是要设法打开。
    The lady went into the room and came to the cabinet, she either opened it or tried to open it.
    正在这个时候,威洛比·史密斯来到屋里。
    Just then, Willoughby Smith came into the room.
    她匆匆忙忙抽出钥匙,不小心在柜门上划了一道痕迹。
    In a hurry, she took out the key and accidentally scratched a mark on the cupboard door.
    威洛比捉住了她,她抄起一件近在手边的东西,正好是那把刀子,向威洛比扎去,好让威洛比放开她。
    Willoughby caught her, she grabbed something close at hand, just the knife, and went to Willoughby to let Willoughby let her go.
    这一扎使威洛比受了致命伤。
    This prick fatally wounded Willoughby.
    威洛比倒下了,她逃跑了,也许带着她要拿的东西,也许没有带着。
    Willoughby fell down, and she ran away, maybe with what she wanted to take, maybe without it.
    女仆苏珊在这儿吗?
    Is Susan the maid here?
    苏珊,你听见喊叫的声音以后,她能从那扇门走掉吗?”
    Susan, after you hear the shouting, can she walk out that door? "


    IP属地:天津62楼2023-01-01 16:01
    回复
      “不能,先生,那是完全不可能的。
      "No, sir, that's completely impossible.
      要是有人在过道里,我不必到楼下来就可以看见。
      If someone is in the aisle, I don't have to come downstairs to see it.
      这扇门没有开过,不然的话,我会听到声音的。”
      This door has not been opened, otherwise, I would have heard the sound. "
      “这边的出口没问题了。
      "On this side of the export no problem.
      那么这位夫人一定是从她来的路逃出去的。
      Then this lady must have escaped the way she came.
      我知道这面的过道通到教授的卧室。
      I know this aisle leads to the professor's bedroom.
      那这里没有出口吧?”
      Then there is no exit here, is there? "
      “没有,先生。”
      "No, sir."
      “走,我们一起去看一看教授。
      "Come on, let's go and have a look at the professor.
      喂,霍普金,这点很重要,确实很重要:通向教授卧室的过道也铺着椰子毛垫子。”
      Hey, Hopkin, it's important, it's really important: the aisle leading to the professor's bedroom is also covered with coconut wool cushions. "
      “可是这与案情有什么关系呢?”
      "But what does this have to do with the case?"


      IP属地:天津63楼2023-01-01 16:34
      回复
        “你看不出来吗?
        "Can't you see?
        我并不坚持一定有关系,可是我觉得会有帮助。
        I don't insist that it must be related, but I think it will help.
        我们一起去,你把我介绍一下。”
        Let's go together and you can introduce me. "
        我们走过这个过道,它和通向花园的那个过道同样长。
        We walked through this aisle, which is as long as the aisle leading to the garden.
        过道的尽头有一段楼梯,楼梯尽头是一扇门。
        There is a flight of stairs at the end of the corridor, and a door at the end of the stairs.
        霍普金敲了门,然后就把我们带进教授的卧室。
        Hopkin knocked on the door and then took us into the professor's bedroom.


        IP属地:天津64楼2023-01-01 17:19
        回复
          这间房很大,屋里堆满了书籍,书架上,书柜下,到处都是书,一张单人床放在屋子正中央。
          This room is very big. It is full of books, there are books everywhere on the bookshelf and under the bookcase, a single bed is placed in the middle of the room.
          这栋房子的主人,正靠着枕头,躺在床上。
          The owner of this house, leaning against the pillow, is lying on the bed.
          我从来没有看见过外貌这样奇特的人。
          I've never seen anyone with such a strange appearance.
          教授面庞瘦削,长着鹰钩鼻子,他转过脸,我们看到一对敏锐的深蓝色眼睛,深陷在眼眶中,成簇的眉毛低垂着,他的头发和胡须全白了,只有嘴巴周围的口髭还有些发黄。
          The professor has a thin face and an aquiline nose, he turns his face, and we see a pair of keen dark blue eyes, deep in their sockets, with clusters of eyebrows hanging down, his hair and beard are all white, and only the moustache around his mouth is still yellow.
          在蓬乱的白胡须中一支烟卷发出亮光。
          A cigarette glowed in the unkempt white beard.
          屋子里充满了难闻的陈旧的烟草味。
          The room is filled with the unpleasant smell of old tobacco.
          他向福尔摩斯伸出手的时候,我看见他手上沾满了黄色的尼古丁。
          When he reached out to Holmes, I saw that his hands were covered with yellow nicotine.
          他说话很注意用词,并且声调十分缓慢。
          He is careful with his words, and his tone is very slow.


          IP属地:天津65楼2023-01-01 17:45
          回复
            “福尔摩斯先生,您抽烟吗?
            "Mr Holmes, do you smoke?
            请您抽一支吧。
            Please have one.
            这位先生,您也抽一支吧,我愿意让您尝尝这烟,因为这是亚历山大港的埃俄尼弟斯为我特制的。
            Have a cigarette, sir, I'd like you to have a taste of this cigarette, because it was specially made for me by Aeonides of Alexandria.
            他每次寄来一千支,每两周我必须让他寄来一次。
            Every time he sends one thousand pieces, I have to ask him to send them every two weeks.
            这不好,很不好,可是有什么办法呢,一个老人又没有什么可供娱乐的。
            This is not good, very bad, but what can be done, an old man has nothing to entertain.
            留给我的只有烟草和工作。”
            All I have left is tobacco and work. "
            福尔摩斯点燃一支烟卷,一边用眼睛满屋子瞟来瞟去地看着。
            Holmes lit a cigarette and looked around the room with his eyes.


            IP属地:天津66楼2023-01-01 18:12
            回复
              老人感慨地说:“烟卷和工作,可是现在只有烟卷了。
              The old man said with emotion: "cigarettes and work, but now there are only cigarettes.
              唉!发生这件事实在是不幸,连我也无心工作了!
              Alas! It's unfortunate that this happened, even I have no intention of working!
              这真是祸从天降呵!
              What a disaster!
              多么难得的一个好青年呵!
              What a rare young man!
              我敢担保,再经过几个月训练,他会成为一个很好的助手。
              I can guarantee that he will become a good assistant after a few months of training.
              福尔摩斯先生,您怎么看这件事呢?”
              Mr Holmes, what do you think of this? "
              “我还没有想好。”
              "I haven't thought about it yet."


              IP属地:天津67楼2023-01-01 18:48
              回复
                如果您能帮助我们弄清这件没有头绪的案子,我会非常感激您的。
                I would be very grateful to you if you could help us figure out this unsolved case.
                象我这样的书呆子和残废人,受到这种打击,简直是当头一棒,我连思考的能力都没有了。
                A nerd and a cripple like me, being hit by this kind of blow, is a real blow, and I don't even have the ability to think.
                好在您来了,而且又那样精明强干,您的天赋和职业那样紧密地结合在一起,使得您在任何紧急情况下,都能够处之泰然,有您帮助我们,实在是万分荣幸。”
                Fortunately, you are here, and you are so smart and competent, your talent and occupation are so closely combined that you can take it calmly in any emergency, it is a great honor to have you help us. "
                福尔摩斯在屋子里走来走去,而老教授还在不停地讲着。
                Holmes walked around the room, while the old professor kept talking.
                我注意到福尔摩斯烟吸得很快。
                I noticed that Holmes smoked quickly.
                看来,他也象这屋子的主人一样,很喜欢这种新寄来的亚历山大烟卷。
                It seems that he, like the owner of this house, likes this new Alexander cigarette.


                IP属地:天津68楼2023-01-01 20:11
                回复
                  老人说:“是的,先生,这是一次毁灭性的打击。
                  The old man said, "yes, sir, it was a devastating blow.
                  小桌子上的那一叠稿件是我的著作。
                  The stack of manuscripts on the small desk is my work.
                  我对天气教派的理论基础作了埃及的一个海港。
                  I made a seaport in Egypt on the theoretical basis of the weather sect
                  ——译者注深入的研究,并且分析了在叙利亚和埃及的科普特寺院中发现的文献。
                  In-depth research, and analysis of the documents found in Coptic temples in Syria and Egypt.
                  因此,这部著作是很有价值的。
                  -Therefore, this work is very valuable.
                  但是,由于我的身体日益衰弱,又失去了助手,我真不知道还能否继续完成此部著作。
                  However, due to my declining health and the loss of my assistant, I really don't know whether I can continue to finish this book.
                  呀!福尔摩斯先生,你吸烟比我还快!”
                  Ah! Mr Holmes, you smoke faster than I do! "
                  福尔摩斯笑了。
                  Holmes smiled.


                  IP属地:天津69楼2023-01-01 20:31
                  回复
                    他从烟盒中又取出一支,这已经是第四支了,用剩下的烟头点着,然后说道:“我是一个鉴赏家。
                    He took another one out of the cigarette case, which was the fourth one, lit it with the remaining cigarette end, and then said, "I am a connoisseur.
                    我不想长时间地盘问你,给你找许多麻烦。
                    I don't want to cross-examine you for a long time and cause you a lot of trouble.
                    考芮姆教授,我知道出事的时候,你在床上,所以什么也不知道。
                    Professor Kerim, I know you were in bed when the accident happened, so I don't know anything. I just want to ask a question.
                    我只想问一个问题,可怜的威洛比最后说:'教授,是她',你认为他的意思是什么?”
                    Poor Willoughby finally said,' Professor, it's her.' What do you think he meant? "
                    教授摇了摇头。
                    The professor shook his head.


                    IP属地:天津70楼2023-01-01 21:04
                    回复
                      他说:“苏珊是个农村的女孩子。
                      He said, "Susan is a rural girl.
                      你知道这种人是愚蠢得令人难以置信的。
                      It's incredibly stupid to know people like you.
                      我想这个青年人只是咕哝了一些不连贯的谵语,而苏珊却错误地把它理解成了意思不明的话。”
                      I think the young man just mumbled some incoherent delirium, but Susan misinterpreted it as something with unknown meaning. "
                      “那么,您自己对于这件事怎样解释呢?”
                      "So, how do you explain this yourself?"


                      IP属地:天津71楼2023-01-01 21:31
                      回复
                        “可能是个偶然事件,也可能是自杀,不过我只在我们自己人里这样说说,青年们都有些隐藏在内心的烦恼,如象爱情这类的事,这是我们无法知道的。
                        "It may be an accident or a suicide, but I only talk about it in our own people, young people have some hidden troubles, such as things like love, which we can't know.
                        或许这比谋杀的可能性更大一些。”
                        Perhaps this is more likely than murder. "
                        “可是怎样解释那副眼镜呢?”
                        "But how do you explain those glasses?"


                        IP属地:天津72楼2023-01-01 22:12
                        回复
                          “我不过是一个读书人,一个好空想的人。
                          "I'm just a scholar, a dreamer.
                          我不善于解释生活中的实际事物。
                          I'm not good at explaining the actual things in life.
                          但是,我的朋友,我们知道爱情的晴雨表是有其特殊的表现形式的。
                          But, my friend, we know that the barometer of love has its special form of expression.
                          请务必再吸一支烟。
                          Please have another cigarette.
                          我很高兴您能这样赏光。
                          I'm glad you could do me the honor.
                          当一个人要结束自己生命的时候,可以把一把扇子、一双手套、一副眼镜等等任何东西当作珍品拿在手中。
                          When a person wants to end his life, he can take a fan, a pair of gloves, a pair of glasses and so on as a treasure in his hand.
                          这位先生谈到草地上的脚印,这种推测是很容易弄错的。
                          This gentleman talks about footprints on the grass, and this speculation is easily mistaken.
                          至于刀子,很可能是这个青年摔倒的时候丢出去的。
                          As for the knife, it is likely that the young man threw it when he fell.
                          可能我说得不对,总之,我认为威洛比是自杀身死的。”
                          I may not be right. In short, I think Willoughby committed suicide. "


                          IP属地:天津73楼2023-01-01 22:27
                          回复
                            这种解释似乎使福尔摩斯感到惊异,不过他继续踱来踱去,专心思索,一支又一支地吸着烟。
                            This explanation seemed to surprise Holmes, but he continued to pace up and down, absorbed in thinking, and smoked one cigarette after another.
                            过了一会儿,他说:“考芮姆教授,请告诉我写字台的小柜里装着什么?”
                            After a while, he said, "Professor Kerim, please tell me what's in the cabinet of the writing desk?"
                            “没有什么使小偷感兴趣的东西。
                            "There is nothing that interests the thief.
                            家里人的证件,我不幸的妻子的来信,我在一些大学的学位证书,这是钥匙。
                            My family documents, letters from my unfortunate wife, and my degree certificates from some universities. Here are the keys.
                            你自己可以去看看。”
                            You can go and see for yourself. "
                            福尔摩斯接过钥匙,看了一会儿,然后又把它还给教授。
                            Holmes took the key, looked at it for a while, and then returned it to the professor.


                            IP属地:天津74楼2023-01-01 23:03
                            回复
                              他说:“我想钥匙对我没什么用处。
                              He said, "I don't think the key is of any use to me.
                              我倒更愿意悄悄地到你的花园里,把情况好好思考一下。
                              I'd rather go quietly to your garden and think about the situation.
                              你提出的自杀的说法,还是应该考虑的。
                              Your suggestion of suicide should still be considered.
                              考芮姆教授,很抱歉,我们突然来打扰你。
                              Professor Kerim, I'm sorry to interrupt you suddenly.
                              午饭以前我们不再来打搅你了。
                              We won't bother you before lunch.
                              两点钟的时候,我们再来,向你报告有关情况。”
                              At two o'clock, we'll come back and report the situation to you. "
                              说来也怪,福尔摩斯好象有些心不在焉。
                              Strange to say, Holmes seems a little absent-minded.
                              我们在花园的小道上,默默地来回走了许久。
                              We walked back and forth silently on the garden path for a long time.
                              我后来问:“你有线索了吗?”
                              I asked later, "do you have a clue?"


                              IP属地:天津75楼2023-01-01 23:24
                              回复